January 17, 2016
We are so grateful to witness the remarkable progress our mission is making. Last week you worked so hard and the results are evident in the increased number of people who have been brought closer to our Savior. As a whole, you accomplished great things, including:
· Increased numbers of investigators with baptism dates,
· Doubled the number of investigators who attended sacrament meeting,
· Raised the number of lessons taught with a member present by 45,
· Found 21 more investigators than the previous week, and
· Taught more lessons with less-actives and new members than we have in one year!
Thank you for bringing us one step closer to the goal of a Fifth Stake in this mission. We are now only 29 baptisms away from the target set several years ago!
Outstanding Zone Training
Thanks to the Zone Leaders, Sister Training Leaders and District Leaders, we enjoyed inspired instruction and training. As we traveled through the mission, we saw different training in each zone. The inspired direction you received is what was needed in your unique zone. Please review your notes and apply the wisdom shared.
Missionary Training Broadcast 20 January, 2016 “TEACH REPENTANCE AND BAPTIZE CONVERTS”
As we approach the time of the historic worldwide missionary broadcast to be transmitted on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 18:00, you are reminded to thoroughly study the “Fundamentals from Preach My Gospel: Teaching More Effectively” lessons found on pages 16 – 23 of In-Field Training for New Missionaries: The First Twelve Weeks for New Missionaries and Trainers.
Remember the three week rule? Keep up any new activity for three weeks and you are on your way to develop a positive habit. It’s been 17 days. How are you doing with your goals? If you have slipped a little, get back on board and make those goals become part of your life. The saying “today is the first day of the rest of your life” is badly worn, but still true! I invite you to ponder the quotes below.
· "We can become the masters of our own destinies by practicing self-discipline and by setting worthy goals that will lead to higher ground so that we can become what our Heavenly Father wants us to become." Elder Russell M. Ballard
· You must avoid blindness of mind by setting goals. ... I have long contended that the person who sets goals and who strives to attain such is the master of his own fate." Elder Carlos E. Asay
· "When it came to setting goals, my father had three rules. First, we had to have worthwhile goals. Second, we could change our goals at any time. But third, whatever goal we chose, we had to work diligently toward it." Elder Gene R. Cook
· "Set short-term goals that you can reach. Set goals that are well balanced, not too many nor too few, and not too high nor too low. Write down your attainable goals, and work on them according to their importance. Pray for divine guidance in your goal setting." Elder M. Russell Ballard
· "I believe in goals, but I believe that the individual should set his own. Goal setting should cause us to stretch as we make our way." President Spencer W. Kimball
· "May I invite you to rise to the great potential within you. But don’t reach beyond your capacity. Don’t set goals beyond your capacity to achieve. Don’t feel guilty or dwell on thoughts of failure. Don’t compare yourself with others. Do the best you can, and the Lord will provide the rest. Have faith and confidence in Him, and you will see miracles happen in your life and the lives of your loved ones." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
We love you, we are grateful for you, we love serving with you.
President and Sister Bunnell
|Sisters Lemich, Dobler, Robbins, and Doxey|
|Sister and Elder Caldwell|
|Elder HIrsch and Sister Karlson|
|Sister Hill, Sister Romig, Elder Romig, and Elder Hill cleaning up after lunch|
|Sister Begazo and Elder Hunter|
|Den Haag Zone|
|Elders Bonner, Bruneau, Steenblik, and Hirsch.|
|Elders Andrew, Evans, Sisters Bush, Maughan, Elders Tolman and Cook.|
|Sister Bush, Elder Clukey, Sister Huber, Elders Mostoller, Hirsch, Bonner, and Muller.|
|Elder Foltz, Sister Begazo, Elders Hunter and Groesbeck|
|Elder Smith , Elder Heinricks, and a sweet member who cooked lunch for them.|